Tuesday, September 14, 2010

All Hail the Weather

While driving home yesterday from Glens Falls, I watched as the temperature plummeted from 75*F to 56*F over the course of about 5-10 miles. HM.

Then I saw what looked like drifts of snow along the sides of the road. NO...it can't be, I thought.

Finally, I pulled over, grabbed the camera, and went to look.

Upon closer examination, I saw it was piles of hailstones!

Some were quite significant in size.

That certainly explained the drop in temperature! These drastic changes in the weather often result in some sort of extreme weather event: hail, microbursts, etc.

In a way I'm sorry I missed this when it happened - it must've been exciting to experience. Then again, it's probably better for the car that I was a few miles away.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! those are huge, they look like old fashioned sweets!

    ReplyDelete