Saturday, April 16, 2011

More Views of the Abode

 Drove out to The House this morning on a mission - drop some stuff off and measure the space for a fridge.


Looking in the window, you can (sort of) see the plants I took over.  That's all I could fit in the car with the dog along for a ride.


After giving Toby a chance to check out his future digs, we went out for a walk across The Land.  Something grabbed his attention, although I don't know what it was.


And here we are, at the northwest corner of The Property, looking back across The Land toward The House.  The red buildings are across the street - not mine.


And here is a view of the back of the house.  Blimey - is sure does look large!  That's the attached garage on the far right.  There's an enclosed porch next to the deck.


Walking around the side and down to the southeast corner of The Property, we have a front view of The House.


And the view from the southwestern side of The Property (although technically I was standing across the street).  Goodness, it looks even bigger from this angle!


I'm going to have to sponsor the Cut and Dab Society out at The Property one day to have these honeysuckles taken care of.  They are rather massive and tangled - I bet they've been around for many many years.


I love this sign across the street.  Hm...I wonder what it means.



And finally, the mailboxes.  But there isn't one for me!  I will have to do something about this.  I wonder if I have to contact someone first, or if I can just put one up.  Hm....


So, the space is measured, the fridge on order.  I should be officially moving in next weekend...if I can get a Uhaul!  That'll be my next call.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great spot for you & Toby! Congratulations! Now you can sit out on the deck & write your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Ellen! I looks lovely, and very inviting. So excited for you to have a place to call home again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come visit - not sure when I'll be heading toward Michigan, but...
    Congratulations on the new place!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete