Friday, August 21, 2009

Floral Pics

Here are some shots I've taken with the new camera of an assortment of flowers blooming in August. Some are wildflowers, others from my gardens.


This is a tall coneflower-type plant from my garden. I'm not 100% sure which one it is.


This calendula was caught in the early morning light, kissed with dew from the night.

For some reason this lupine is sporting a witch's broom! I've never seen this outside of trees and shrubs, so it intrigued me.


Viper's Bugloss (Echium vulgare) is a non-native plant found along roadsides and in desolate areas, but it's one of my favorite flowers. The play of colors, blue with a touch of pink, is just so pretty.





Sweet Annie, an artemisia, is one of those flowers encouraged as a companion for veg gardens. I suspect this is because it attracts pollinators. It also reseeds itself very well. It's cheerful yellow blossoms are a welcome addition to the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment