Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blizzard?

According to the Weather Gurus somewhere over there in Vermont or down in Albany, we are supposed to get socked with upwards of a foot of snow before tomorrow morning.

As I lay there in my bed this morning, listening to the school closings and trying to convince myself to get up, I had images of still having to walk the dog and no doubt shovel a wall of snow from the driveway. Needless to say, I rolled over and dozed off again. Fortunately, the snowfall was very little this morning, so when I finally hauled myself out of bed, with forty-five minutes to get ready for work, walk the dog, feed myself and the animals, and shovel, I was able to forego the latter!

But now, about 4:00 PM, the snow has changed. It went from very fine, itty bitty flakes to big, ol' honkin' flakes, which are now building up rather rapidly on the ground. Our snow stick is almost up to 30" (it was about 24" this morning). But that's okay; somehow I find it much easier to shovel snow when I get home after work than I do when I get up in the morning! And it's been a while since we've had any significant snowfall, so we really shouldn't complain too much. The only down side is that there probably won't be many tracks to look at for tomorrow's school group. Should be good snowshoeing, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment