Monday, July 20, 2009

Things That Make You Say "Hm"

Today we have a GLORIOUS sunny day. Sadly, I'm doomed to a trip to the city for errands, but hopefully I will be home before the sun sets and can still get in a few outdoor chores.

It is one of, oh, maybe two days so far in July when we haven't had rain.

And what do I see as I drive southward?

Sprinklers sprinkling!

Guys outside with hoses in their hands watering flower beds.

How it is possible that "everyone" is moaning about all the rain we've had, and yet, as soon as we get a sunny day, they are out watering?

I just don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. How about this: some of my fancy-schmancy neighbors have automatic watering systems in their lawns and I've seen them spraying even in a downpour. Go figure. My strategy is to let my grass go dormant during droughts. It comes back next time it rains. But I do notice that some of my root-bound potted flowers need to be watered even after a half day of sun.

    ReplyDelete