Monday, July 21, 2008

And the Rains Came Down

Holy Cats! Did it rain! Two days ago we were looking at a monthly precipitation total of 1.99". As of this morning, however, we are sitting pretty at 4.79", 2.19" of which fell in the last 24 hours.

Now I know for folks in the mid-west that this is small potatoes, but for us up here, this is significant rainfall. I even have standing water in the veg. garden at home! It's a good thing I finally remembered to turn off the drippers yesterday. I'm guessing I won't need to turn them back on for a while, especially since more rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week.

Thanks to all this rain, the Hudson River is up - even flooded in some areas. I'm looking forward to walking down to the Pump House this evening after dinner (unless it is raining again) and seeing how many steps are underwater. I bet most of the rocks are submerged again.

1 comment:

  1. We were at Uphill Brook camping this weekend in a tent. Luckly the lean-to became available just about the time it started to rain.We spent the entire day in the lean-to greeting hikers that tried to brave the elements. Consenses of opinion was we were the smarter ones. We missed Redfield & Cliff but did get Gray,Skylight& Marcy on Sat.

    ReplyDelete