Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another Day at the Wheel

Well, it looks like I'm a-movin'. Yessirree, it seems like 57th time is the charm. I thought things went well with the interview in Michigan, and I was right, for they offered me the job, and I have accepted it. So, look out Michigan, the Adirondack Naturalist is moving in!

Of course, this means I have to find a place to live first, so today I was on the road again. I got a late start, and had to detour to my folks' house to drop of their hairy grandson (dog-sitting), so I've been on the road for 13 hours. Stiff and sore. I'm looking forward to a good night's rest and tomorrow I will head into Michigan and start looking for new digs.

Meanwhile, here is the view near Blue Mountain this morning. I just couldn't resist pulling over and unearthing the camera to snap a shot of the line where the snow started on the mountainside.


It's all about elevation, eh?

Fortunately, the snow was all up and it was smooth sailing on the road.

Now I know, you are all going to bemoan the loss of the Adirondack Naturalist blog. But fear not - I will still be blogging. I haven't left the Adirondacks yet, and I just really enjoy keeping a nature blog too much to completely give it up.

Sure, it will mutate into a Michigan Naturalist blog, but it may be "An Adirondack Naturalist in Michigan", kind of like "An American in Paris." Yes, it will be a different state, a different zone, and different habitats, but nature discovery remains the same the world over. And the good naturalist is keen to travel and learn new things!

So, stay tuned. There's still more to come on the Adirondacks, but the Midwest will be popping up here and there to get you all used to the change.

12 comments:

  1. I am very, very happy for you that you got a new job, but alas, what a loss for the Adirondacks. :-( I am thrilled however, to hear you plan on continuing to blog - I would miss you terribly if you didn't. I will be looking forward to learning about what you discover in Michigan.

    Even though you didn't ask for votes from the peanut gallery, I definitely vote for your new blog title to be "An Adirondack Naturalist in Michigan". :-D Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your Michigan blog already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Ellen! I'm very happy you've found your next job. I will certainly miss you though -- sharing of your knowledge and observations of the Adirondack world that has been around you, and you have emersed yourself in. That said, I'm sure I won't be disappointed as you do likewise in your new Michigan home. Yeh, I like the idea of keeping "Adirondack" somewhere in your new blog title.
    All the best in your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job...so glad you will continue blogging. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Ellen. I hear Michigan is pretty nice. I look forward to seeing it though your eyes. Good luck on the house hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you got the job! Good luck on your home search -- I'm sure you'll find something to suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you, Ellen, although I'll sure miss our adventures together. But I look forward to visiting my home state through your blog, while you stay abreast of northern NY through mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations but... Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! OH SOB SOB SOB

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you Ellen, Good Luck and Thank You for all your good work here in the Adirondacks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on a week of being away from blogging, Ellen. I'm so happy that you have found a new job! And, I think that learning all about the Midwest flora and fauna will be fascinating. It will be fun learning new things with you, and finding similarities and differences around you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Ellen! I'm so glad you've found a new spot to call home... well, except for that actual roof over your head part, but that will come. Moving is always such a mix of good and bad - all the new and exciting, and all the stuff you miss. But I'm so very glad for the Internet, and that I get to keep reading all you write.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot! That's great, Ellen! Congratulations. I'll be looking forward to a new set of nature adventures.

    ReplyDelete